[suggestion] Managing trapped chests

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by pyro_vampiress, Mar 25, 2013.

?

{Multiple Choice} Trapped chests will...

help me protect my property. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
allow griefers to create killing devices on unprotected chests. 2 vote(s) 66.7%
Be neat to use in shops. 2 vote(s) 66.7%
not matter. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
be useful in redstone contraptions out in the wild. 3 vote(s) 100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. My suggestion is to turn off trapped chests in the wild, and enable them for positive uses in town shops.

I just watched a couple of videos concerning trapped chests, which currently have several possible applications in EMC. Some of these applications are terrible in my opinion. For example, I have an unguarded chest that I put up just temporarily while binge-mining in an undisclosed location. A griefer finds said box, robs me (at this point this is my fault anyways, but it gets worse), and then replaces my box with a trapped box and a connected redstone deathtrap. When I next open the box I die by lava pit, or any other disguisable redstone trap.

Now, an awesome use would be if I could use a trapped chest to trigger some sort of event in town. One example I read on the forums concerned using these as a way to make payment in order to enter some attraction, such as a maze or parkour. It could also make some residences more interactive! I'm sure there may be other uses, but these are the only ones that popped into my mind at the moment.
  2. They could also be useful to make devices at the wild but not traps to kill players :confused:
    And the majority of griefers are too lazy to make those things...