[SUGGESTION] Lightning Blade! as well as some rain boss too

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CraftyCosmic, Jan 13, 2018.

?

Do you think Marlix is fair and balanced?

Yoos 2 vote(s) 22.2%
No way 7 vote(s) 77.8%
  1. So, the lightning blade! A diamond sword that calls lightning wherever it swings. Simple enough. Maybe make it also a drop trap, where a player drops the sword on the ground, then it calls a bolt to the blade 3 secconds later, increasing durability if it hits a mob! Perhaps right click to summon lightning?

Also some lightning boss like an elder gaurdian that flies around and attacks the player with lasers, lightning, and gaurdians that revolve around the boss protecting the boss.
    586 likes this.
  2. I kinda like the new boss idea but the lightning sword seems cool but in my opinion I will say I am neutral on this
  3. -1 for lightning sword

Boss is ok I guess
    Gordan_the_Gourd likes this.
  4. The sword I am going to say no.
    The reasons are that you could use the sword to harm other players near by, it could get laggy and annoying if someone spam swings it and even more if a lot of people have it and a few others so going to have to say no.

The Boss, I dont fight bosses so cant really chip in.
    Gordan_the_Gourd likes this.
  5. k.
    The bolt could have a cooldown? Like 5-30sec
  6. +9001 on the boss, But as for the sword.... that could be used to kill players indirectly with the lightning.
  7. IDK how lightning could be made to not kill players. But anything’s possible on EMC, so who knows. Damage can be turned on and off, right? So what if the bolt made players invincible for, like, 1/20 of a seccond? That could allow for some sick saves of low HP players that are about to take some serious damage, like a creeper.

EDIT : Looks like Marlix needs some tweaking, as 4/5 players say Marlix ain’t fair and balanced.
  8. EMC is always looking for new mob and promo suggestions, and a lightning themed mob would be kind of interesting.

However, as others have mentioned, any promo that could summon lightning only really has the potential to be annoying as fireworks. While really cool, fireworks cause lag for a lot of people and can be kind of annoying if overdone. Being able to summon lightning at will would only become another annoyance in this way.

Plus, lightning strikes are kind of the beacon of many SS. Allowing any player to summon lightning at will would kind of take away something that makes them kind of special. It's pretty cool when SS are around and they are able to do special tricks and things, that us mere normal players can't do. ;)

As for the Marlix, it's really not that bad. Is it difficult? Sure, but it wasn't meant to be easy to kill. Marlix is mostly fine as is, and I would prefer developer time going to adding new unique mobs to EMC, rather than making changes to existing ones. Like your lightning guardian for example, which would be cool to see in-game!
  9. With the SS beacon, that makes a lot of sense. Perhaps make it so it’s sudo-lightning, with magicCrit particles in a straight line, dealing set damage (100% set maybe, like void damage) in a small area. Also yeah, Marlix is manageable with 2 people with voters gear and some terraforming.