[ Suggestion ] Improved remote shop signs

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by GreenMeanie, Oct 25, 2017.

1. I am thinking about making a shop with a huge bulk section, but I don't want people to be unable to sell me stuff if the bottom chest is full.

Now would it be possible to make the remote sign be able to buy from like the bottom chest, and sell to the top chest in the storage "silo"?

I am thinking something like this:
    And the ""'s are hoppers.

[Chest] <- Sell here
    [Chest]
    [Chest]
    [Chest] <- Buy here
  2. I like it! Having so that the items that you sell to a remote shop sign going to a chest different to the one that you buy from would be handy. I have a bulk buying center so I can see where you're coming from.
  3. Eh, I don't think we can do this for remote shop signs as it would compromise the cosmetic oriented aspect of their behavior.

But trying to apply this sort of goal to normal shop signs as a "/cascadeshop" that keeps looking down from the targeted chest for buys could work. It would need to be an opt-in behavior though as not everyone would want their shops to start inheriting this behavior.
  4. Then since that would be a default shop ability, couldn't the remote signs inherit that?
  5. Correct, Remote shop signs only assist with targeting, so you would still get the same benefit your asking for, but im saying we wouldn't only give it to those who use remote signs, but every shop owner.
  6. Giving this option to all shop owners (in my opinion) is better and a good choice, considering you won't have to buy remote shop signs whether it be in-game or using real money to use the feature. This suggestion will be helpful to many, many shop owners and people.
    +1 to the suggestion and
    +1 to giving it to all people.
    GreenMeanie likes this.