[SUGGESTION] Ignore ','s in private.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Joshyy, May 17, 2012.

?

Good idea?

Yes 6 vote(s) 85.7%
No 1 vote(s) 14.3%
  1. Alright, I have a small and simple suggestion. When your using /tell Joshp or @joshp if you accidentally put a ',' after it, As I and quite a few people do, It ignores it as if it's not there, As at the moment, It would reply 'Joshp,' is not a valid username. Simple suggestion, Tell me what you think

(Rewrote)
  2. Personaly its not a problem, but if it is for other i dont see why not
  3. ._. I lost you @
  4. You can use @Joshp instead of /tell now
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. BLASPHEMY!!!!1!!1!11!!!1!111!!!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. I like it :)
    Mrsmiley99 likes this.
  7. I find it ironic that you're a "grammar nerd" yet spelled it habbit instead of habit :)

But honestly I know what you're saying. I've done this before and it's a pain.
  8. * Habit

^^^ She beat me to it ;)
    Equinox_Boss and PandasEatRamen like this.
  9. I don't see what problem it would have with names, so it potentially could work. Now, I need to ask something.. Whenever I type into chat I use [reasonably] proper punctuation and spelling, but I've noticed that when I do apostrophes it screws up the letter after it. Is that a Mac-related issue, or MC issue, or is it a setting I must have on my Mac?

What I mean is:
    That'' / That's
    Pands'' / Panda's
    They''e / They're
    Mrsmiley99 likes this.
  10. That's odd. Never had it do that. But I've done as Josh has said and typed something like:
    /tell HayleyColgan, Potatoes are delicious.

And it tells me "can't find HayleyColgan, " or whatever that error message is. But never that weird one you're getting.
    Mrsmiley99 and hayleycolgan like this.
  11. Pototaos ARE delicous
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  12. Not everyone is perfect :)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  13. I like this, i also suffer from the same mistake often. Ill maybe see if i can solve it in my chat mod first and then move on to pestering Justin for it to happen in EMC server side. Thanks Josh.
    Joshposh70 likes this.
  14. So it's not just me with the comma thing? YAY! I find myself trying to use tab completion all the time too :D