[Suggestion] Going Postal

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Kephras, Jun 19, 2013.

1. I find this being very useful to send dc of auction items to individuals but the fee is too much :p but I still like the idea so ;)
  2. It's not really meant for transferring an auction's worth of materials. In that instance you'd write a book (Letter) to the recipient notifying them that they won, along with where & how to retrieve their items. Something I'll admit the website here is more than capable of handling with the current PM system, since auctions are likewise posted on the boards.

Though that does give me an idea...
    *adjusts OP again*
    EDIT: Added "/mail auction" functions to suggestion.
  3. I love it! Just one thing, I don't like the part about opening your mail in the wild. I could hop on my alt and send over whatever I needed.
  4. I do like this idea, but even the thought of doing it manually would be fun. Like, "letter carriers" could take your written books from town to the recipient in the wild. Personally I think that job would be so much fun xD
  5. There could be some more commands. /packages could function just like mail except it deals with the item side of this. /packages could be disabled in the wild but /mail could remain enabled.
    I will admit starting a business like this would be fun (player run thing I mentioned earlier) If a plugin like this isn't implemented soon then making a business would be awesome.
    Kephras and kuraudochuu like this.
  6. Yeah, that one's kinda iffy in my mind. On the one hand I'd like to write to people while out in the wilderness, but I can see how it would be easy to circumvent the /vault restrictions too. A high fee for opening wilderness mail is one possible solution, making it prohibitively expensive, or as eklektoi suggested, restricting at least a portion of the /mail system to written books only (more work server-side but covers the /vault exploit).
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. I thought he was talking about the game, Postal xD
  8. I like it. :)
  9. Now that would be one hell of an update...
    Something tells me it wouldn't go over too well with most players though. ;)
  10. Here's the nice part... This idea has been planned :) when I designed the vault I designed it to be used as a general item storage platform, and Mail is already listed as a type of "Package" :)

So yes, this will be coming some day.
  11. Huzzah!
    Amazin_Swordfish likes this.
  12. Now that will be an update I eagerly look forward to. ;)
  13. Yes!!! Perfect for News Papers or even Spam!!!!!!
  14. This would be awesome! FUll support and a follow to you!
  15. It's good but sounds like work and something the forums can do
  16. When was the last time you could mail blocks or enchanted gear to your friends, through these forums or otherwise? ;)
    Besides you're missing the point that the majority of players don't use the forums...
  17. Lol IKR
  18. I really like this idea. Can't wait for it! :D