[SUGGESTION] Fix Marlix's Balding Issue

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CraftyCosmic, Dec 29, 2020.

?

Polling if this should be added

+ 1 1 vote(s) 33.3%
+/- 0 2 vote(s) 66.7%
- 1 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. The Issue
    In the day, mobs which normally burn in daylight don't burn if they have a helmet on, but that helmet takes damage over time, and eventually breaks. This afflicts Marlix (not momo, he doesn't burn in the sun) and causes him to bald with some time, and should be fixed.

The Solution
    Simple- give the helmet he wears during the boss fight the unbreakable tag- something possible with a very simple tweak. This really shouldn't afflict his drops as the helmet he wears and the helmet he drops are different things- he can drop a helmet even if he has balded.
    SkeleTin007 and VoidDistortion like this.
  2. I agree but I am gonna be neutral on it.
  3. perhaps this is happening as it was intentionally done to help mob/ entity counts? not sure, but if this isn't intentional, i think it should be fixed :D

no one likes being bald lol
  4. So it used to be that all of Marlix armor broke even before fighting him (and during fights). The last 3 Marlix that I have killed since they fixed the boss bar still had full gear even when killed. I think this might have been fixed in the boss bar patch.

5. Isn't marlix also immune to the sun? Aren't all bosses?
    Edit: According to the wiki. Marlix is immune to fire damage. So I don't see the problem with the helmet breaking.
  6. Being immune to fire damage only prevents direct damage to the entity- not armor, nor does it prevent you from being in the state of burning, which is why the normally particle-only enraged burst completely and can set you on fire from a strike (edit- while in the sun).
    stormboy231 likes this.
  7. bump- some Marlix I fought one or two days ago balded in the sunlight- it's still an issue that should be fixed.