[Suggestion] Earth Day Promo's

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Hey everyone,

I got this idea while working on some builds that required a lot of water. There would be 2 promo's to choose from.

A Water Bucket
    and
    A Empty Bucket

The way the water one would work is it would be inf so you can place and it would never empty. It would be perfect for builds that require a lot of water such as Farms, or Nature builds.

The way the Empty one would work is you would be able to use it to take a block of water as normal but the bucket would never fill up so you could keep taking blocks of water and it would never fill up.

Let me know what you think.

I have also not made this through the seggestpromo section as I want to see what others think first.

~Finch
    q1zx, Jay2a and crafter31211 like this.
  2. I like the ideas. There are some pretty similar items in Terraria which I think are very useful, and I can see myself using them in Minecraft too
  3. Too OP. I think if there was an Earth Day promo, should be simple as a bunch of assorted flowers/nature stuff. Not special in any way. (no lore or color). Other than that, don't think a infinite water bucket or void liquid bucket would be fair in the long run as it would only be super useful to farm builders primarily.
    Krysyy likes this.
  4. I Did not include the Lava one as that i know, would be way too OP as it would be Inf free smelting. But you never know these can be too op if you think of them in the way they could be. Most dont have time to build farms. Most would prob use these the odd times on their reses or have in stands.
  5. Okay, now here's the thing. This is a REALLY COOL IDEA. And I do think we need Earth Day promos. Water is so important. I think it would be a good representation of Earth in a sense. BUT-

When I'm in survival, I can use water to go up giant mountains. If I had to use a bucket that would never empty it would drive me nuts, and also, can you imagine what people would do with them? This is a good idea though, I can see it helpful.

Second - Empty buckets aren't good at clearing water that much in the first place, I think it would be good for lava maybe, but in reality, if you just dump the water or lava back in in regular MC you pretty much already have an infinite empty bucket... I don't think we need one of these. ;)
  6. I actually kind of like the idea, only because we pretty much already have infinite water and infinite getting rid of water systems in Minecraft, they just are really annoying to use. So yeah, I can really see the appeal in not ever having to make an infinite water source again, and constantly running between it and my build.

Yet it's not really something that I would want developer time spent on. Personally, I would rather dev time be spent on projects that would be way more useful and enjoyable in the long run.

Maybe as Roslyn said, we could just do a simple Earth Day release item, though I don't think we really need a promo for it. Maybe just give everyone a stack of each type of sapling, encourage replanting trees ;)
  7. As I'm sure you're aware by the wink, that's what we did (per Chin's idea) for Arbor Day at some point. It's a nice thought.

I have no problem with the op-ness or lack thereof of the bucket. The way I see it, it's no different than the Labor Bench, making a simple, cost-less existing process far simpler. However, something about it doesn't sit right with me for whatever reason, maybe just because of what Earth Day is about.... the lore-less flower idea seems preferable to me.

I mean, honestly think about what the promo does. A promo that basically gives you free reign to control water as you please, using as much as you wish wherever you want. Water is a precious substance that is vastly rare on this Earth... shouldn't our message be to conserve it, not to chuck it around and use it willy-nilly? Again, love the actual item idea (the Labor Bench is a favorite of mine), but not sure it's quite suitable for the holiday. I'd go the simple awareness item route, Arbor Day-style.
    q1zx, Tuqueque and JDHallows like this.
  8. This is one of the better suggestions I have seen in a while +1

I also agree with Hashbrown's point of view
  9. yeah like...i could clear alot of lava around my farm with this.... +0