[SUGGESTION/DISCUSSION] Music Discs and Auctions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by D_ceased, Aug 3, 2017.

?

How do you think Music Discs should be auctioned?

Poll closed Aug 17, 2017.
54 of the exact same disc: the way it currently is 1 vote(s) 12.5%
54 of multiple kinds of discs: my proposed way, but you must list the total number of each disc type 6 vote(s) 75.0%
Lower the quantity to a number like 10, 12, 27 (an SC worth), etc 0 vote(s) 0.0%
In sets of 12, 1 of each type of disc 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other (comment below?) 1 vote(s) 12.5%
  1. As we all know, music disc farms aren't as easy to make (or even set up) since the 1.9 Combat Update, which changed the behavior of Skeletons.

Moreover, music disc farms themselves are generally disallowed since they could potentially be seen as PvP traps.

Getting a Skeleton to deliver a finishing blow to a Creeper is also a daunting task since the 1.9 update, now making it so you have to run several circles around both mobs just to get them to line up, and even then the Skeleton's arrow has a chance to fly over the Creeper.

Point is: music discs are hard to acquire.
    More so, some discs are apparently more common than others, and you might not always find a Creeper and a Skeleton next to each other, so the chance of getting a full set of 54 of the exact same disc you want is a daunting task -- unless you're auctioning off the ridiculously easy 13 and cat, which are not only common from this method but are also found en masse from dungeons.

So since I'm not exactly sure on how the rules of music discs work, and since I want an easier change for everyone, I propose the following:

Have Music Discs auctionable in sets of 54 (like Potions, Mob Heads, etc), regardless of disc type. However, make it so that the quantity of each disc type must be specified (i.e. 18 "C418 - 13", 18 "C418 - cat", 3 "C418 - chirp", 5 "C418 - mellohi", 7 "C418 - strad", 1 "C418 - ward", and 2 "C418 - wait").

As it stands now though, I believe the rules state it has to be 54 of the exact same disc, but the rules aren't very clear on music discs and I haven't seen anyone else bring this up...
    Anyone's thoughts on this? Comment below. :)
    Hashhog likes this.
  2. I think i'd give your proposition a +1
    FlareonInAction likes this.
  3. Bump...?
  4. I'd say even just 5-10 of them wouldn't hurt and being hard to get now, like you mentioned.