[SUGGESTION] Colorful Messages

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Aliyaxoxo, Mar 7, 2017.

?

Sound Good?

Yup 1 vote(s) 100.0%
Nope 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From what I saw looking through the wiki, this has yet to have been suggested, so I'm going to go ahead and do so. For those of you who don't know, if you put a book in a chest with a sign above it saying [MESSAGE] it will say the first few lines of text in chat. This is a super helpful feature for giving directions at events and for things like BK and Toade's murder mystery events. But, why not add colors in so that they function much similar to a sign? For example, you're at a mall and teleporting to the red floor, blocks. The owner could make it say something like

&fWelcome to the &c&lRed &ffloor, blocks

Which would come out as

Welcome to the Red Floor, Blocks

You could also use it in museums, so when displaying an item you could have the lore show up in chat when clicking the information message. For example the owner could be putting a Happy Birthday EMC Book, so the message book below says

&6Happy Birthday EMC!
    &fLore : &aTo the Awesome EMC Community

Which would come out as

Happy Birthday EMC
    Lore : To the Awesome EMC Community
    *The rest of the info goes here*

These are only a few ideas for how you could use these, and I'm sure there are all sorts of other ideas people can come up with. If you think of anything cool you could use these for, feel free to put it below!
  2. You can do this with teleporters already. As well as message signs.

Supporters can change the color of a message by adding the same color codes that are also used on Formatted Signs.
    Source wiki.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  3. That would certainly explain why it isn't working for me, thanks for further informing me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.