[Suggestion] Auction Forum Redirect for Newcomers

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Tildi1, May 1, 2013.

?

Is this a good idea?

Yes! 5 vote(s) 83.3%
Never in a million years! 1 vote(s) 16.7%
With some tweaking- I could live with it... (Specify Below!) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Here's the pitch: To redirect anyone new to the auction forums directly to the 'rules' sticky post. I know they are "sticky'd" for a reason, but someone who is new to EMC auctioneering may accidentally make a bid that they can't quite support- just because they missed the rules by seeing something interesting within the 'recent posts' area on the homepage (This was me a few weeks ago). I couldn't take it back just because I didn't know there were more rules outside the publicized '10 commandments of EMC'.

So basically- if you are new to the auction forum (i.e.- never read a thread in this area), you should be redirected by the webpage to read the rules before continuing.
    Even better would be something like an agreement checkbox (similar to EULA) at the bottom* that you have to tick before posting for the 1st time. This agreement info would then be saved within user prefs (should you decide one day that you didn't agree with the terms- in which case you would no longer be able to bid/ host an auction).

*Bottom of:
    -Rules Sticky?
    -every 1st post you make within a particular auction thread?
    -Other? (Specify!)

Talk about this below! And specify which asterisk (*) point you like better if you like the 'agreement box' idea!
    marknaaijer, PenguinDJ and pat2011 like this.
  2. Sounds like a good idea, I am in support of this :)
  3. Even if this was not possible, which I think it is, something like a "We see that you are new to the Auctions forums, please take the time to read the rules..." message popping up above everything would be cool.