Suggest adding BIG Warning to ForceClaim process

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by subbob, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Earlier today I found a res that looked really interesting, and it was in derelict status. The /res info command even conveniently directed me to Type /res forceclaim 12705 to claim

Silly me, I thought I would just take it over, like when the bank repossesses a house. You can imagine my surprise when EVERYTHING went away, and found myself standing on a 60x60 parcel of bare land.

I was so embarrassed. I thought I must have missed something. Because when you unclaim a parcel, the note has these very direct messages that stuff will be deleted.

But I just tested it on another derelict parcel (without confirmation this time). And I didn't miss anything. The white note doesn't say anything about stuff being deleted, just that it costs 5000 rupees.

I really didn't care about the specific location. I thought I was getting it "as is"

battmeghs likes this.
  2. Currently on EMC it is not possible to purchase a lot without a reset of the residence.

I will talk to Aikar about making it more clear for those that may not be aware of this fact.
    Update: We have filed a ticket in the bug tracker to add a large warning to the process.
    battmeghs likes this.
  3. anonymouz710 and cadgamer101 like this.
  4. Thanks Aikar
  5. Definitely agree with this, It's a shame when things like this happen :/ +1
    subbob likes this.