Site Technical Changes & Email Alerts

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Hey everyone.

I just made some changes to the website in regards to it sending email

People have been having issues receiving password reset emails, and I found out why.

We have 3 mail sending servers now: EmpireMinecraft, the New server the website will be migrated to soon (Starlis), and an email sending platform that has high quality reputation.

I have logic in place that makes some emails go over the high quality reputation server, but password resets were not being targeted for that pool, so that has changed.

Password resets should now hopefully always end up in your inbox, and not marked as spam.

So the 2nd change is that we have a new server the website will be moved to soon (faster and cheaper), but since its new, its got to build reputation!

So for now, I can't move the site because its mail sending reputation is low.

So to help that, of all the email that is NOT selected for the High Quality reputation, 25 33% will go through the new server to help get it sending some mail. (will raise over time)

What does this mean for me?

Some of your forum notifications may end up flagged as spam in your email inbox, as this server is new!

Please check your spam box daily, and click "Not Spam" to let your email provider know it is not spam, and to help it learn.

In reality, you should do this for every website you use! If you see an email in your spambox that is not actually spam, please help that website and click not spam! Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and the likes make mistakes a lot, and it helps the sites you use to mark it not spam. Even if you don't want to read it, or want it, simply hit not spam then delete it :)

And advice for email in general - if you signed up for something but don't want emails from them, please do not click spam, simply go unsubscribe. Clicking spam as a way of saying "I don't want this" is very bad when you did in fact sign up for it. Simply tell them you no longer want the email and they will stop. It's only the legit spam that is likely going to your spambox that you didn't sign up for.

Thanks everyone!
  2. Yoooo This be good. Great way to increase contact !
  3. Great Job Aikar, I didn't understand and of it but it sounded good :p
  4. Great update Aikar. Now please sleep so you can be helpful tomorrow =P
    Ark_Warrior1 and xoluss like this.
  5. Better listen to krysyy or she will sick some dogs on you :) Great update keep up the good work.