Shop, or supplier?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by Rindemption, May 3, 2014.

1. So I recently decided to try my hand at horse breeding, and although I haven't gotten very far yet, I've been trying to figure out what I should do with the horses once I have them.
    My first thought was to set up a shop and sell them directly. But then I thought, maybe I could be a supplier for a larger store, or even a mall.

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this?
    And does anyone know of anyone in need of a supply of horses?
  2. If you supply to a shop, you'd be selling for pretty cheap, as they'd want to sell it for profit in their shops. That is, unless they give you the rights to just sell them at their shop. If you're in it for the money, starting your own shop would probably be the way to go, unless lucky enough to do what I'd said above.
  3. I see where you're coming from.
    If I do supply for a mall or larger shop, I would sell them at a lower 'wholesale' price, but I would probably see if I could either add in or get a discount on materials needed to breed the horses; gold ingots, for example. I know I wouldn't get quite as much from it, but I think it would be a lot less hassle for me, and products wouldn't be as spread out for the customers, having to go to a completely different place just to get horses.
    But then if I do decide I want more money, a shop would be better. And then if I ever decide to expand into other items it would be easier as well. Both have their pros and cons I guess.
  4. Yeah. Talk with @Todd_Vinton, perhaps he would be willing to allow a horse section @ /v 2000 on SMP1.