Shell's Epic waste build review(s?)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Oct 26, 2017.

1. The following review was brought to you by 10959 on SMP5. The shop with cheap beacons and god armor, where you'll quickly start packing! :D *

Hi gang!

You know about that place they call the wastelands? No/Yes (cross out applicable answer)? :p

Well, it's this huge wilderness area where we're allowed to go crazy. If you need materials for your buildings then the wastelands is the place to and start digging them out. It's also a place where things can go p00f at any given time which is why you're discouraged to actually build things here because well... if you're not careful then all your stuff can go kab00m and you'll never see it back.

But that doesn't stop some die-hards from not caring and just building :cool:

I've seen so many cool buildings that enough is enough, it's time to do something with all that.

No idea how long I'll keep this up, and also don't expect frequent posts (but who knows...). If you want to get reminded about new stuff then click that "watch" link in the upper right corner of the thread, then you'll always get a reminder when a new post is made!

Also: I'm not going to bother and add time stamps. So keep time of writing in mind if you're trying to find a building to check out.

/waste west on SMP2

When setting out into a random waste to pick up some stuff (or just to go out mining, I got a little bored waiting for Aya to hop on (<hint> <hint> :p)) I suddenly came across this building. What is there not to like here?

Closer inspection learned me that it might have been some kind of bet or dare, but whatever it is I'm happy they took it!

You can actually climb the (slab) stairs going around a center with plenty of glowstone and end up all the way up at the top. Where you'll find a small bed, and this funny scenery:

What those signs are hinting at? Your dive of course! That hole in the wall was left there for a good reason, it's time to take a dive into the pool and relax. Swimwear not included :)

Once you dove down you'll end up in the 'cellar' and if you take the stairs up (the same you used to climb all the way to the top) you're back at the entrance. Of course you can also just climb out the other way.

A somewhat silly building but even so: still an impressive one. One way or the other this cost a few players plenty of materials and effort to build, and you can only admire that!

The tower as seen from a distance; truly a beacon in the dark :)

Feel free to share your own discoveries. One rule: of course this build(s) have to be in the wastelands, and you should also share the (general) location so that other players can come check it out.

Onto the next discovery? Who knows! :)

Please note that Tucker has no idea that I'm doing this. I'm simply figured it would be fun to point some attention to certain shops and places across the Empire which I happen to like and (somewhat) frequent. Either by myself of when accompanying friends. Seemed fitting on a thread where I point peoples attention to stuff.
  2. Interwesting Shel ! Always love reading up on your threads <3