Sharing My New Documentary, "Tridacna gigas: The Underrated Species"!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Aoi_Kaigara, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Here is a homemade informative video I made about my favorite animal. You shell collectors who want to know more about the Giant Clam, please take a look! As for the rest of you, you may find that the biggest bivalve in the world may be more interesting than you're thinking right now. Here is my new video. It's 10, almost 11 minutes.
    I'm having a lot of trouble posting videos and images right now, so I hope a link is ok...

https://youtu.be/hl7T_BIjZf4

Thanks for your interest in this misunderstood species!

SitNStay is an organization I'm working on creating to inform and persuade people to better the environment and help with animal welfare and rights. I hope you find it helpful and decide to do something to make this world better, stand up for the animals, or make a difference in a good way. The more good things we do, the more good will come to us!
    Runningrhino, Talechaser and cam7051 like this.
  2. Very interesting! Good job and thanks for posting.
  3. No problem! Thank you for watching! I really love shells and mollusks :D
    This just happens to be my favorite animal. Why not learn more, right?
    Talechaser likes this.
  4. Right! Learning something new is always good, especially when it's about something you love.
  5. ...
    That's totally true!

I couldn't have said it better myself!
  6. Awesome video, honestly this reminds me a lot of lectures I've had in college. Really professional and well made, the slides were super clear and easy to understand and your commentary was awesome. Its crazy to me how expensive the shells can be and the point about poaching was interesting to me as rhinos are often poached for the same "medicinal" properties of their horns.
  7. I agree! Thanks for sharing!