/server Tells You What Server You're On

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Oct 26, 2014.

?

Should /server tell you which server you are on?

Absolutely! 1 vote(s) 33.3%
I don't see why not. 2 vote(s) 66.7%
No that would be horrible! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. So lately I've been noticing that some new players were confused when asked which SMP they were and actually didn't know. Also, when a server goes offline you can be randomly sent to another one. Or you might be absent-minded and forgot which server you proxied yourself to. It would be nice if /server would tell you which server you were connected to when you typed it.

It can output this to the chat and also it could display the wool colour of that server as enchanted (or enchant all the other wools).
  2. When You Join It Tells You What Server Your On, Or You Could Just Run To A Town Road And Do /p

EDIT: Or! They Could Just Do /home And If They Get Home Its Their SMP If Not It Tells Them Which One To Get To
  3. You always post suggestions the same day I think them. I usually decide I've posted too many already, though.
    Yeah, they should add this to the list. :p
  4. I don't think this is the easiest thing for them to do because the /server command is actually from a plugin made by someone else. Typing /who or /p'ing yourself will tell you what server you're on :p

But other than that, this is a pretty good suggestion.
  5. Yeah there are a few ways, like disconnecting an reconnecting (not very intuitive), viewing your own user profile (not very obvious), doing /p on a town road (only works in town, and also not obvious), and going /home (which you may want to stay where you are).

Maybe. The backend is probably based on a mod in wide use (which I can't remember the name). I did note that the chest dialog is surprisingly similar to the other chest dialogues in use for various other EMC-specific modification, so I'm pretty sure that part of the interface is something Aikar would have built.
  6. Well they alredy have it where when you log on to the server it tells you what one you are on, Also they are always welcome to ask what server, and if they added the command it would make them get mixed up more as they can do either /smp6 or /server smp6 and they will get mixed up with that command, they can also just do /home and it will say if they are on their server or not and how to get back if not.