Secure Unix Kernel vs Poorly programmed and supported Windows - Twitch1

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FlevasGR, May 5, 2012.

1. I've used pretty much every incarnation of windows and I have never had any issues with them.
  2. Show me true stats rather than just restating an opinion you developed because someone else said it first.

There is a large demand to prove the Mac community that their OS is insecure but there have been no truly valid examples of OS X exploits but rather a loophole in Java which is a universal programming language.
  3. Sticking to your "selling cookies" analogy:
    If you sell Oatmeal Cookies because they sell consistently but then ignore the fact that you are losing customers to your competitor selling the new Chocolate Chip Cookies is an example of ignoring market trends. If all you don't adjust to the market, you are not going to continue to thrive.

Here is some real data:

We will call Apple Chocolate Chip and HP, Dell, Toshiba and Acer the stale Oatmeal cookies...
    You see all those numbers over there on the right: 4Q11/4Q10 Growth
    Yea, that is an 18% INCREASE.

Your argument is invalid. :)
    The smart move is to exploit the system while in its growth stage so that you can have an understanding of it's properties so that you can attack the market more consistently..
    Ignoring a market trend will cause you to fail in your endeavors.

Claiming Apple computers do not have a substantial footprint in the market without facts is just ignorant rhetoric repetition...
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  4. A bit more data:
    Apple has a substantial market share because of their many platforms as well:

This does not diminish Windows' domination of the market but it proves that competition and innovation are effective tools for changing the status-quot. :)
  5. Buying pre-made computers is so mainstream.
  6. Haha, I provided the mainstream data because the mainstream data was attacked with ignorant rhetoric that was touted when there was no proof of Mac security.

OS X is not completely free of coding errors and potential exploits but they are obviously not easily located and exploited. If it was, they would be attacked. The new "low market share means lack of interest" falls on Linux now but that would still be an ignorant claim...
  7. Well my thought is when using exploits and viruses they want the highest potential infection rate, but are also lazy at the same time. So they focus on windows more well known exploits, and larger userbase.
  8. I dual-boot Windows and Mac OS X and have Ubuntu in a VM. So I don't need to be involved in these flamewars, although OS X is my favorite of the 3.
  9. WACHOUT.jpeg

I wouldn't be hatin, seeing as you are the ones being hacked.
    More people using something doesn't mean its better.
  10. Apple is very much an anti-competition platform, though. I don't know if you ever heard of Psystar, but let's just say that their attempt at getting in on the growth of the Chocolate Chip market didn't go so well... :p

Apparently, making an IBM-clone (which is what pretty much all x86 computers are) was ultimately fine, as history shows, but don't you come here and make a Macintosh-clone, sir!