[RULE] Server advertising is not allowed

Discussion in 'Empire Rules' started by JackBiggin, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There are multiple types of server advertising, none of which are allowed publicly in-game or on the EMC forums.

You may not say things such as "Hey, join my cool server, the IP is 123.123.123", or "Hi, I have a server, /tell me for IP" in-game. You may not post threads stating things such as "I am setting up a private tekkit server, PM me for the IP".

From this point onwards, any type of advertising in a public place will be considered a rule break. You may not:
    • Post threads stating that people can PM you for the IP to a private server.
    • Publicly post any IP on the forums.
    • Share IPs in-game in any public chat channel. Public chat channels are: Town, Local, Residence, Group and Supporter.
    • Talk about other servers on the EMC forums, or in-game.
    • Ask others to play on other public servers with you, with or without stating the IP. For example, you may not say things such as "Come and play with me on ub3rc00lserva!" in public chat.
    • PM or /tell random people with IPs for servers.
    If you wish to play with your friends from EMC on a private server, you may do so - privately. Keep all talk of this server in forum PMs and /tells. Do not talk about it in a public chat channel.

The one and only exception to this rule is as stated on this thread.

Failure to follow these rules will result in your thread being locked, and possible moderation action against your account.
  2. I would like to state, that while this is more of an obvious rule, it's one that had some confusion for some time as there are many types of "what ifs" when it comes to this kind of thing. However, as we grow larger, we are getting quite a lot of requests for these things now, so it's time we had to make an "official" statement on it so everyone is on the same page.

The long story short version is basically, if you want to play with a few friends on another server or a private server, just keep it to a private means of communication (and note this doesn't mean randomly pm people asking them to join, etc.) and you'll be fine. This will prevent others from spamming up our forums with these kinds of requests by seeing others doing it and thinking it's okay. :)
    jkjkjk182 and brickstrike like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.