[Reverse Auction]

Discussion in 'Reverse Auctions' started by petezman1, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Item: 1 DC of Item Frames
    Starting Bid: 1k
    Minimum Bid Decement: 10r
    Ending Time: 24 hours after last bid

Dont know how much these are worth in such quantities so if no bids will increase price
  2. 1. maybe put the item&quantity in the thread title
    2. you're asking for 8DC of sticks and 1 DC of leather. Sure, not complicated items, but given the quantity I feel that 1k is quite low
    3. it's *decrement*
  3. I copied and Pasted the format so its not even my typo its someone elses lol

Starting bid increase to 7k
  4. In the forums we differentiate two different sections for auctions
    Regular auctions and Reverse Auctions

In case you need a refresher to differentiate them:

You post this thread in the Reverse Auction.

What is the difference?
    An regular auction is where you, the host of the thread, sell items to the highest bidder - so it is an incremental bidding.
    If you auction a chest of diamonds with starting bid of 10k - it will probably lead to it being sold for 100k, due to the price being driven by the demand.

A reverse auction is where you, the host of the thread, are seeking to buy items. You are seeking to "hire" the most efficient/cheapest gatherer.

If you host an auction for a DC of obsidian here, you might start the bid at 80k for the chest, and competitive people will battle it out to earn the money, driving the price down due to the suppliers fighting. You will probably end up buying the DC of obsidian for 40k

Hope this helps for any of the confusion around here :)
  5. I know that you know you are hosting a reverse auction, but I forgot to drive the main point home in my previous comment... ughh...

My point was that if you allow for the market to drive the price you will probably get the fairest price for both the buyer and seller, so no need to be scared if you have a starting bid higher - since the suppliers will drive the price down to something acceptable.
  6. It not my confusion. I Know how both regular and reverse auctions work. Thank you though
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. Yes I know what a reverse auction is. I just dont know how much a DC of items frames is worst/costs so I was unsure of the starting price.

Starting bid raised to 10k
    Tuqueque likes this.