Rest in Peace, Stella.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SageCREEPER, Sep 5, 2017.

1. We adopted Stella, a Fawn Masked French bulldog, a year ago. She was a rescue, taken from an abusive home and into our arms. We immediately fell in love with her.
    On an innocent visit from some cousins, everything went wrong. We left to go to the beach, leaving our cousin's dogs and ours out together. A fight broke out and Stella's leg was crushed, her neck and stomach severely wounded. We rushed her to the veterinarians, but there was nothing they could do. We took her to a major veterinarian hospital, but in the end, we couldn't save her.
    Nothing could.
    We euthanized her that day. Now, almost a month later, I still grieve for what I have lost. I am making this thread to honour the amazing year we had with her, and partially to just get the whole story out on paper and express myself. I hope you understand the troubling times I'm going through.
    -Sage
  2. I'm so sorry that this happened. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. I too have gone through this and it takes time to heal the emotional loss of a loved pet.
  3. So sorry for your loss :(
  4. It's awful when you lose a pet, especially in that way. Time heals all wounds and I hope you feel better soon.
  5. I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't know what it's like to lose a dog (yet), but I know how much they become part of your family and your life. I've risked my life for my own once. I think I can begin to understand the grief you feel.

And thank you for taking Stella from an abusive home and into your own. It's an awesome thing to do. I'm sure the year she had with you was the best of her life, and she loved you and the life you've given to her.
  6. As you already know. My heart goes out to you an d I'm glad you've found a way to share some of your grief. Please be gentle with yourself. *hugs*
  7. Thank you all for the kind words.
  8. I hope everything is okay and I am very sorry for your loss and I know what its like to lose a pet
  9. I have lost many pets as a kid and I know how this can feel. I am so sorry for your pain and loss. Wishing you the very best and we all understand how hard it can be. If there was anything I could do I would. If you need any help in game just look me up on 2.

Thanks for the tears, I feel your pain.