Res Resets and the Resources within

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kilmannan, Feb 26, 2012.

1. I was wondering if there's a way to establish a system whereby if a Player decides they want to reset their Res and start again, that all the resources used in that Res are somehow made accessible either as a drop on the Res (So you'd have huge piles of resources lying around the res as the building essentially vanishes) or else automatically going into chests?

I don't know how feasible it is, but of course, if it were, it could be something tied into Rupee expenditure to make you pay for the service. Imagine getting a Removal company in if you like.

I'm tempted to reset my Res and start fresh or move to another SMP, but it'd take a long time to break down my building and there's a serious Rupee investment in things like Wool which makes up the sub-surface section down to bedrock.
    NurglesRott likes this.
  2. You're a gold supporter, so you can have 2 residences, remember :p
    Or I might be misunderstanding you :)
  3. Yup, I still want to wipe my old Res. It's just irritating me now. :)

I fancy a move onto SMP6 for both my Residences.
  4. Ah right, fair enough :)
  5. :( Can I still run for diamond?
  6. Hahaha.... :)

I love how people are enjoying it, but for me, it's actually a massive time drain as a game is taking between fifteen minutes to over an hour!

I'll have another session today at some point I'm sure. :)
  7. It would be cool if it was all dropped in chests or something like that. The problem with dropping it all on the ground is that it would cause severe lag if it was too much. A dropped item is an entity just like a player.
  8. Do you think it's feasible to have it dropped into a chest?

The advantage of a system like this is that it would give players more incentive to try news builds and not feel like they're losing out / wasting a lot of time on de-constructing.
  9. Its possible, but it would be a lot of work and logic to figure out everything that is going to drop, where to place the chests on top when its done, etc.
  10. Can it just count type of block and amount then wipe everything off. then create a chest with stuff inside.
    starting at the residence corner. and move along then if it reach the end of residence is made new line maybe 2-3 block down the other coordinate. and for chest it just copy and paste those. and treat everything as a double chest.
    And have the system skip all dirt. (except the one that is already in an existing chest cos it just copy that whole chest.)

And let it cost some rupees ( maybe a lot ) to avoid abusive. like 5000
  11. Would it be possible for it to calculate how many blocks you have in your Res and how many chests you will need to hold it all?

You build the chests, confirm the reset, and all the contents of your Res gets dumped into the chests you've built. If you didn't build enough chests, you lose whatever it couldn't fit.