Repeated Communication Error with SMP5

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by kilmannan, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Am I the only person that keeps getting Communication Error with SMP5 and the Connection Lost. Java.net.socket.exception: Connection reset problem?

Takes me four or five goes to get on, the other servers are fine.
  2. I connect on first attempt. I don't know what is happening when you try to log on.
  3. Try reinstalling your Minecraft Client (complete reinstallation) and check for any java updates. I'm unsure of why your PC is giving you some issues with communicating with the server, but it may also be Port Forwarding. Do you have any PeerBlocking software installed on your computer by chance? You may be experiencing some issues with the port configuration with your computer. If you're a heavy torrent downloader, you may also be sharing each port with the peer blocking software. I've run into this a few times with friends -- disable any peer blocking software, close out any torrent downloading software, reinstall your client and update java -- if this doesn't work, you may want to check with your ISP, router configuration, and/or PC manufacturer for help with the issue.

I hope this has helped. Hope to see you all in-game!