Redstone help needed

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WayneKramer, Aug 21, 2015.

1. If you're a redstone god then I need your help figuring some stuff out. I'll provide materials and compensation.

What I'm attempting to do is have eight droppers in a 7x7 square that alternate turning on. If we can randomize it too that is a bonus.

PM me please.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  2. Apocryphan is the best at redstone, but not sure if he is willing to take on this project.
    You can ask him.
    Apocryphan likes this.
  3. are the droppers above or below, what pattern, want pseudo random or 8 randomizers? I've been working on a pseudo random algorithm, how fast or slow? did you want it to cycle through them all once before doing it again (slow) or have them all with an X% chance to fire every 4th tick?

or should I just make an adjustable one using a few item frames to adjust? I'll work on a few randomizers until you can get me some pics and specifications.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  4. Pseudo random is just a carry adder with a range of 0-7, that keeps adding 3 or 6, alternating randomly or try some presets like "3" thrice and "6" once. The sequence will go as such when adding 3: 0,3,6,1,4,7,2,5,0.... and when adding "6" it will skip 1 output: 0,6,4,2,0 or 3,1,7,5,3. So switching to "6" every 4th will give you a trigger set: 0,3,6,1,7, 2,5,0,6, 1,4,7,5, 0,3,6,4, 7,2,5,3, 6,1,4,2, 5,0,3,1

Following a pattern of +3,+3,+3,+6, on a base 8 (octal or 0-7). I can use other ways, but this seemed best for your need. It should be easy using my analog carry adder to implement it in a single small clock and use an implies gate to split it to 8 outputs.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  5. Here is my analog carry adder, the later pics get into multipliers and even signal splitting for reducing the input time to use a solid signal strength of x and an analog divider. http://imgur.com/a/DJe7o
    khixan, hashhog3000 and cadgamer101 like this.
  6. OMG, Wow.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Apocryphan likes this.
  7. finished product is done, the blue decoder can be subbed for any other Analog to 1 output decoder, I can custom fit it to your 7x7 area, and keep the clock hidden under it or above, and then carry 1 wire to all the outputs.

via Imgflip GIF Maker

The pattern I would use:

Just to show how specific I can program Analog, the smart wheat farm I started prior to my return:

Edit: and this wheat farm uses 1 tick comparators, which have proven to be a challenge for most redstoners, in fact I am one who pioneered it when everyone said comparators needed 2 ticks. But, EMC disabled 1 tick pulses with pistons, so this can't be made on emc unless I slow it down, so this will never be on emc this fast.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  8. this is kind of amazing. i went with something much simpler since it fits my use. i guess i needed less than a "redstone god" for this one lol
    cadgamer101 likes this.