{ PROJECT } Madwood Nether Rail

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by AncientTower, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Feedback please.
    Is it a nice design?
    Is it missing something?

Well after nearly a year at this outpost. I've finally begun working on a better looking rail ride to and from the outpost.

Just looking for feed back on this. I only did a little portion to test it out.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. It's very nice, really like the lava. Not so sure I like the quartz ore on top though. Maybe makes it a bit too busy.
    Equinox_Boss and AncientTower like this.
  3. You may want to place slab blocks on the rails so that Pigmen cannot interrupt your journey, alternatively you can have bounce back areas every 100 blocks where if you do get hit back it will turn you into the correct direction :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I thought with the 1.10 update pigmen could no longer spawn on track. Also I believe they don't spawn on glass.
    It's open above the rail so that I can ride my horse should I not want to zone out on a rail ride.
    Equinox_Boss and God_Of_Gods like this.
  5. Oh I wasn't sure if they could spawn on glass or not if they can't then everything looks awesome to me!
    Equinox_Boss and AncientTower like this.
  6. Thanks, I know strip of Ore there seems over the top. I tried it with Magma blocks as well but the Magma just seemed out of place. I wanted it to be all Nether related but I might on the cheap side go with Stone slab in place of the Ore.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. How about nether brick slabs.
    AncientTower and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. I tried it and it seemed to dark and then i went with Quartz slabs and it was way to light.

9. I may try to toss up a pic later but on smp1 wild nether someone put in a really nice looking rail system as well. It may be worth a look just for comparison and contrast, but overall any rail is better than no rail. While when doing the work myself I have not done the one thing I've seen in 2 rail systems (1 non nether) that I just really liked was the rail up one level from the center path.

If interested it is close to spawn, go east (only way really out) across the bridge and then turn left up the stair almost immediately after leaving the protected area. Can't miss it then at the top.

BTW,I take no credit in this build, nor do I know who built it to give them props...