[Price Check] Obsidian

Discussion in 'Price Inquiries' started by PlumeLagoon, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Hi everyone!

In days of old, when I lived on SMP8, I ran a little ore shop. I was inactive for a while, my res was claimed in that time, and now that I'm back, I'm looking to start it again.

I'm considering adding obsidian to it-- sure, it's not an ore, but it fits the theme well enough. I can't seem to find a going rate on it, though. Thoughts?
  2. I just took a look at a 2 auctions I had over the summer for obsidian.
    One of the auctions was for 3 DC's of obsidian, it averaged 72r per obsidian, or 250k for the 3dc's
    The second auction was for 2 DC's of obsidian, it averaged 52r per obsidian, or 180k for the 2 dc's

Prices could be different compared to then, if not as many people are gathering obsidian, but that should help give you a rough estimate. Keep in mind these are for auctions too, in bulk. Selling exclusively by store in-game might yield different results.
  3. That's a great start! I was thinking 50r per block sounded like a fair middle ground, but maybe it would accommodate a range better. Something like 30, 50, 70, and 90r depending on stock level? I could set up a hopper system to make that happen.
    Mole_Kings likes this.
  4. Shops probably sell cheaper at least I've seen better prices.

Problem is idk their stock level.