Price Check: Beacon

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by fishmeal, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Hi, if you choose to post, please use the following format, and only include chests where you can buy:

Quantity:
    Price:
    Price per beacon:
    Is it sold out?:
    Forum Link:
    Res #:
    Auction or sale?:

Help me gather this information in one place by making sure you know if the chest is sold out or not, first. Sold out chests are like a statement of "the item is worth more than this," while a full chest you can't even sell to indicates "the item might be worth around this."

Thanks for helping!
  2. We had a massive argument about this lol. If anyone sees QWERTY please send him here.
  3. You are like the 11th person to try to argue for less than 10k. I am 100% sure that isn't the case.
  4. Wither skulls 3 for 11,700.
    Quantity: 1
    Price: 12000
    Price per beacon: 12000
    Is it sold out?: YES
    Res #: 2000 (smp1)
    Auction or sale?: sale
    sold out.

Res #: 1728 (smp1)
    sold out

Res #: 9000/9001 (smp4)
    sold out

Wither skulls 3 for 10k
    Price:
    Price per beacon:
    Res #: 404/4005 (smp1/2)
    sold out

Price: 16k
    Price per beacon: 16k
    Is it sold out?: NO, but making sales.
    Res #: 42149 (smp1)

This is what I know so far. I did some investigating on my own. Is anyone in stock besides eviltoade?
  5. I have gotten beacons for under 10k (8k I believe). I got them from someone who got everything themselves so they didn't have to go and buy all of the heads. I'd suggest looking around for people who are willing to collect beacon materials cheaply.
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  6. Everything I said up there was to get a more substantial response about the price within the economy. I am not trying to purchase/create a beacon to put on my res. That's why I asked for the format, and everything.

Who has beacons in stock and can actually maintain stock at their price? That is what I'm after.
    Lots of places sell diamonds for 35r, but like the 12k beacons they are all out of stock.
    I've seen hoppers for 10r, lapis for 1r, and wood for free, but none of those things indicate the state of the economy any more than free samples at the grocery store make food worthless.

So here's a simpler question:
    What shop has beacons in stock besides eviltoade's?
  7. Hey, if you get the chance when you're finished, could you update my site with all the information, because that's basically what my site is for. :p You might also find some other places on my site that will be useful to you.
  8. A lot of the stores are sold out because it is a hard thing to keep in stock, but that is because they are stores. If a player offers to sell a beacon in town, they will almost always get 10k or less.
  9. Basic economics folks, price is a solution of supply and demand. When demand is high, and supply low, prices increase. I used to buy gas for $1 per gallon years ago, but past price history has no impact on current supply constraints. An item is worth what one person is willing to sell for, and what one person is willing to buy at.

I put the cost of beacons 16 - 20 kr given the extremely limited supply.
  10. Wither skulls run around 3500r each.

Three of those make a wither, which gives a nether star. PenguinDJ is running a service to kill that wither guaranteed for 500r.

The glass and obsidian are about 50r.

(3500r * 3) + 500r + 50r = 11,050r.

As most people charge a pretty good premium, it puts the prices between 12-16k. 12k to sell quickly, 16k to buy quickly.