Ponies: A Guide

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MigrantMove, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Great. Now that makes two of us.

I am not admitting to anything.
  2. Wow, this thread has grown...
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  3. As a Brony, I think the show is funny. It doesn't let itself become stereotypically girly. I mean, there are monsters, battles, even toppling of empires! And the references. So many of them. Indiana Jones, The Big Lebowski, Godzilla, I love Lucy, Star Wars! And the list goes on from there.

And the characters themselves can be relatable, along with the lessons they learn. Sure sometimes an entire city is destroyed in the process and chaos ensues (legitimate chaos. Ponies running everywhere while buildings collapse), but a lesson is learned and the town is rebuilt.

I have to admit, the first time I watched it I didn't last 2 minutes in. But after I approached it with a more open mind I found it to be very well done. And the community is pretty epic once you get to knowing about the people. How many fandoms do you know of that have raised thousands of dollars to help people? I only know of one.

Love it or hate it, Bronies are a cool bunch of mates and MLP can be a good show. But like anything, not everyone will agree, and that's cool.
    NINJATTILA and Spenser6 like this.
  4. Cholo and I fight for who is the best MLP fan :p (of course he is, I don't even watch it) :)
  5. I think I should probably throw in as an extension to the "Why do we like it" question that the shows music is quite excellent.
    Cholo102 likes this.
  6. I swear your avatars just keep getting funnier......
  7. I've got a question for a more community-oriented person..

I was trying to find a youtube video on the guys I subscribe to's channel. Noticed he had reviews of some MLP episodes, so I watched them 'cause he is cool. That's unimportant, though. The real question is directed towards the related videos section of youtube.

why.

Thankfully I have the good sense to not click on related videos.. but could you offer any explanation for why these things exist? I understand liking the show, because it's not an awful show, but there has got to be a point where you draw the line..

..Though I guess the internet has always been weird.
    I'm having a hard time blaming people for hating the community when the highest-viewed things are just.. terrible.
  8. like this if you whatched the show sice G3 :)
  9. Please do not ask for likes.
    alexschrod likes this.
  10. G3? Also no "like if you agree" posts >.>

11. Please.....don't spread that disease here.....
  12. I don't care for G3. Or spam. In fact, no one cares for that terrible, diseased monstrosity that was G3. Or spam.
  13. Okay, for now on, I'm just going to add these to the guide later. Easier for me. You will need to check if the videos say "Recommended for You" or if they just say the views and channel and stuff. If it's the former, it means YouTube thinks you like My Little Pony. YouTube isn't very smart to be honest... Now if it's not that, it probably means it shares multiple tags with the video you are currently viewing. I never really watch (or even look) for pony videos, and barely click any that are suggested. I can'r really answer the whole question, so some other person give me an assist here.
  14. Facebook has yet to add a dislike button....Shall we beat them to it?
  15. Please. Please oh please.
  16. I swear if facebook had a dislike button....people would end up murdering each other -_-

A dislike button (While it would be neat to have one) Would end up causing more fighting on the forums, people can either voice their opinion or just not say anything to disagree here, where as with a Dislike button, they could just push that and not have to say anything at all.
    Trust me. we do not need one -_-
    mba2012 and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  17. And then there would be fighting in the forums about people that dislike everything...
  18. BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  19. You said to put my questions here. So here's what I'm asking: Why should I watch this show? What's so great about it?
  20. Well first I would suggest reading my answer to HylianNinja's question about what people like about the show. Now I would simply suggest (considering your VERY negative outlook on both the show and the fandom) that you watch it from really any point, except for season finales, which require prior knowledge. If I had to make a suggestion for you, it would have to be my favorite episode in the show: It's About Time. However, since Hasbro has managed to destroy all traces of the actual episodes on YouTube, I leave finding them to you.