Poll: Server Testimonial Page

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jackomighty, Mar 8, 2012.

?

Should the community be able to rate their server?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
Yeah! That's a great idea! 4 vote(s) 57.1%
No! It doesn't matter which server they join! 3 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. Hey guys! I've been poking around the website as usual, thinking about different things we could add to make EMC to make it an even better experience. My most recent idea is a server testimonial page, either complely stand-alone, or in the server tab portion of the website. This sounds confusing right? Let me explain:

When I first joined EMC, I had no idea what I was doing, or where to go. There were four SMPs at the time, and I never will know how different everything could be had I not joined one server, based upon another. This made me think - "what if players reviewed the servers?" and "what if we could rate the things like quality of shops, community, buildings, prices, and people?"

Most people automatically jump to the thought that the newest server is the best for new players, which makes little sence to me, except for residence slots. If anyone has an argument BESIDES slots, feel free to share! Thanks :)
  2. I don't think it's really all that necessary, I mean, say you're new and go to smp6, theres no reason you can't later move if you like another server better. maybe just encourage people to explore before they build an epic creation they don't want to destroy.

we're all going to say our server is the best.
    Crazy1080 likes this.
  3. It's not about who's the best, but rather being about what we say makes it the best, as if pursuading the awesome players to join us ;D
  4. That's what I mean, no one's going to come to my server if I say, "oh my server is kind of ok, we have a couple of average shops although some items are a little over priced." We're all going to hype up our servers, and in the end, to make an informed decision a player is really going to have to check it out themselves and see if they agree with what we're saying.

having said that, I don't really think the server you play on makes that much difference - unless you play with friends, and you want to all be on the same server. anyone can freely go to any other server, and vault transactions make inter-server shopping painless and easy.
    Barkley1987 likes this.
  5. That's a good argument :)
  6. Hmm, thinking about it some more - it would be good to have some highlights for people to explore when they're making up there mind. Like a tour guide or something.

A while back, someone suggested being able to "Like" a residence - perhaps if such a system were implemented, an impartial person, perhaps a staff member or something, could do a little summary with screenshots of the top 10.

what do you think?