Please Take This Map Art Survey!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by supereskimo, Apr 28, 2013.

1. 1) How much would you be willing to pay for a rare map art? Imagine there is only one copy, and it belongs to you - nobody else can get a copy unless you give (or sell) it to them. Pretend it's a picture that you really, really like.: Depending on the map art photo, 1-10k (10k being something I would desire to have, 1k would be something that doesn't matter.

2) How much would you pay for a map if you knew that other people had copies? (This is tricky, since people will probably try to make copies and resell them, or give them to friends.) But pretend you are a good person, and you're willing to pay the artist in order to own a copy.: See #1

3) How much would you pay to have a map custom made for you? In other words, you tell me what you want, I build it, and then you pay me for it. Like with question 1, you would be the only person who owned a copy, and you would have the right to re-sell copies to other players. Keep in mind that some maps are more difficult/expensive to make than others.: 7-10k

4) If you ordered a map to be custom made, how long would you expect it to take? Keep in mind that most players on EMC have school or a job, and that their play schedules change often. A month

5) If you were my employee, and you helped make a map art, how much would you expect to be paid? Would you be willing to let someone else own the map, meaning that you never get a copy? If I were, yes. But I suck at these kinds of thing so I most likely wouldn't be. My pay, I would expect 100% earnings from my own map but if i had halpers 50/50.
  2. Wow, that's amazing. I remember somebody brought this idea up several months ago, but for some reason, it wasn't possible (I think maps were broken on EMC or something -- EDIT lol I think that was you).

I experimented with this a little bit myself. I tried putting down some red wool, but it was colored white on the map. :confused: How many different colors are possible?

1. 10k
    2. 1k
    3. 15k
    4. I guess around 3 weeks.
    5. For rare/custom art, 10-50% of the cost of the painting, depending on how many other paintings I helped you make in the past. For mass-produced art, maybe like 500r + a free copy.
  3. Technically, there are 14 "base" colors. You can make the pixels darker or brighter depending on the block's height (compared to the block directly to the north).
    For example, if block B is directly to the north of block A, and block B has a greater "Y" value than block A (in other words, block B is higher up), then block A will look darker on the map. If block B has a lower "Y" value, then block A will look lighter.
    This page shows what blocks go with which colors, but it doesn't show how to get different shades: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Map_item_format
    I do plan to make an in-depth tutorial at some point, but you can pretty much figure it out by expirimenting in creative mode.