People under 13 are punished, right?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by kkirigaya_, Oct 6, 2013.

?

What do YOU think about the question?

Yes, I think they do! 1 vote(s) 6.3%
No, I don't think so. 12 vote(s) 75.0%
It depends on how old they are. 3 vote(s) 18.8%
  1. We all know that one guy. That quiet person with his res in the corner of Town. He may never talk, for if he does, players may find out his real age. He lied about being over 13 to join EMC. Nobody, not even Aikar, knows he's lying. But, when someone asks him if he is truly over 13, his instincts just jump ahead of his mind and the one Notch-forsaken word is typed. No. Most players don't care, in fact, the other person may just shrug it off. But moderators might care. If this kid is 12, turning 13 in a month, sure, it's okay. But if he's, say, 9, then he broke the Rules. He lied, but nobody thinks he gets punished. So my question to the admins, senior staff, and moderators is this: are under-13 people punished?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. No the 13 and under rule is just so EMC wouldn't get in trouble. But it is not STRICTLYenforced... or enforced at all
  3. I think the reason they have that rule is because they legally have to. I am pretty sure they don't have anything against <13 year olds.
  4. When I go to the store and get a thing of cookie dough, I always notice the same words on every package:
    "(Please) Do not consume raw cookie dough."
    Now, if I were to disregard said label, would I be arrested/fined/executed? No. The only reason said words are on there is because of how the manufacturers are required by law to print them on before they get shipped out. And whilst some people may heed and follow through with the statement, which I don't, no one really cares.
    Unless they're concerned about getting something after consuming a product with raw eggs.
  5. Don't forget about the secret desire to destroy childhood.
  6. I don't understand why so much people can be paranoid about the 13 and older rule. Minecraft is a all age game really, just popular in the kid sections. The only real reasons the empire does the 13 year old thing so no stupid online law can sue them or something. If your parents know what you are doing and have control of what you are playing, I don't see any harm. The Middle School I go to always says stuff like be carefully online, don't talk to strangers, be careful, etc. We have adult staff that are in control of the servers and make sure nothing goes wrong. I really do not see the harm.