Paypal sucks

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Ahksel, Jun 26, 2013.

1. I have major problems EVERY single time I try to upgrade. This is getting ridiculous. Paypal is terrible..the only reason I used it was to become a donating member. If it's this difficult, then I am done. I do appreciate the hard work done to keep the servers as nice as they are, but I am truly done with paypal. Even when I try to use one of 3 cards paypal pops up and it seems that I cannot use a credit card. Is there going to be a fix or is this it? Thanks in advance for any helpful info.
  2. Start a PM with the cow here
    battmeghs and jrm531 like this.
  3. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do on our end with Paypal issues. I do know that they have certain rules about subscriptions with certain things...like I know they don't allow subs to be created with pre-paid type cards. Members that have had trouble with this though can PM me and if they're able to send funds from within their Paypal, can send us the payments manually and I can then setup the supporter manually. Isn't instant, but it works. :)
    jrm531 likes this.
  4. Thanks for your quick response to this issue. I really love the server and have touted it openly at work and online.I had 3 friends wanting to sign up but only if they could use dynamite...of course paypal put a halt to that. I really hope PayPal doesn't ruin this for me. My card wasn't a prepay it is linked to my bank, so I dunno what the problem is. Thank you again.
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  5. *inserts rant here* So yeah, that is why I hate paypal.
  6. So...after holding my breath, rubbing my tummy and patting my head while facing East and looking South, I FINALLY got it to work. Crazy. I wish there was a better way, but no one wants to deal with PayPal. Do you guys (Empire) have a gift card or something of that nature? I have several friends who watched me play and really wanted to join. Thanks again for the fast response. The Empire Rules!
    BilboBaggins23 and jrm531 like this.