One-sided polls

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PenguinDJ, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Well, I made a Thread like this.. it seems to me like you're coping me..
  2. I used your threads as examples.
  3. Oh! Ok! Thank you, that makes me feel good that someone liked them.
  4. Err, have you read the main post? And possibly any of the comments below it?
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. Sure....
  6. Perhaps you should re-read it...
  7. Kk
  8. I saw one today and it bugged the hell out of me. This'll be edited into the main post, too.

Lots of obvious problems in this one:

- This is a question that, if answered truthfully for some people, can make the voter feel badly. If people happen to dislike the person, they might still say that they do.
    - That also dissuades people from voting, because who likes to publicly say they dislike someone?

Obvious stuff aside, there are two giant red flags. I've highlighted them in red:

- This person, though asking them to be honest in their vote, is telling the voter that they will know what the voter voted for.
    - You never want to (especially in these types of questions) say that you'll know what they voted for. That's essentially saying, "If you say you don't like me I'll know."
    - Even though this may not bother some people, it bothers others greatly. These kind of polls should be done without showing results.

Also, bump.
    FDNY21, Ultimamaxx and Olaf_C like this.
  9. I wonder if the "Your vote will be publicly visible" option should be taken away. Like Minimum Bid Increases, it serves a purpose but it is abused. It was taken away, and I am sort of wondering if this should be taken as well.
    PenguinDJ likes this.