Ocelot Blues

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by jrbitzer6012b, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Well, I finally did it. I struck out into the wilds of Utopia in an effort to find some kitties. I had my loaves and fishes, ready to feed 5000+ ocelots, but alas it was not to be. I went out into the black, I found a new jungle biome, (which after you fix the glitching is pretty cool), and ran/snuck around that place for a hour+ and I didn't see the slightest wisp of a tail! Am I doing this wrong? I did the research on how to behave with these new creatures and was ready, I just couldn't find a single one. Lots of chickens and one grouping of cows, but not a single ocelot. Is anyone else having this problem? I have lots of dogs and now I want cats!
  2. yeah me too.
  3. I think that's just bad luck. I found my ocelots (needed three pairs of eggs in the end due to vanishing, grrrrr) after running up and down the same strip of hungle a few times. You just have to wait for the game to spawn them near you. I also moved slowly, constantly looking to the sides and behind me for when they spawned.

Happy hunting!
  4. Yeah u need to be craefull not to move to fast plus they can sometimes spawn in very weird places like inside jungle trees or be above these since they can climb vines
    Also if u bring wolves/chickens and stay put in the jungle they might atack them