Number of people in EMC, finally some accurate, raw data....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MR2R2M, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys,

Was browsing a website when I decided to put into the search field the domain of empireminecraft.com

This is a company used by EMC to track their user activity on the website – not an external estimated number, but the REAL numbers for EMC.

http://www.quantcast.com/empireminecraft.com

On the graph there are two sliders, move one all the way to the left and one all the way to the right. This will show the number people since December 20th last year till now.

You have to wonder why these figures were never released to us, but I thought I would share it with you guys for interests sake.

:)
  2. Actually, those numbers are not accurate. :)

Companies like that release public numbers that their systems can pick up. However, we use Google Analytics for our main source.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by: "wonder why the figures were never released to you.".

Why would we post something irrelivant to playing Minecraft in every way that is public info on the internet?
    MR2R2M likes this.
  3. Oh ok, im just hoping that with future updates the numbers pick up again like they were in July!
  4. That's the plan.
  5. i dare you to get FaceBook's stats.... might crash your computer.

EDIT : its probably longer than pi
    MR2R2M likes this.
  6. Because it concerns the community, the community should know how many people there are here, how popular the place is. This is so that if the place has dropped in numbers people can make the decision to invite more people. You know, maybe take action and restore the place to its former glory.

Also, whenever discussions came up on the forums about a drop in numbers, this website was never used to back up your answers. Just saying, if it was always public knowledge, then why did you not reference this website in the first place.

Plus your statement about inaccuracy... its inaccurate if your company is not "quantified". EMC is quantified which means that you have given the company permission to directly track the numbers. That makes it entirely accurate.

:)
  7. We also have to install certain things in order for them to get accurate results. We give that to Google not them. Please trust I know where our stats are coming from, lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.