Notch Challenges Bethesda's Lawsuit...with a Quake 3 Match

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by GameKribJEREMY, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Lawsuit settlement negotiation may soon become a spectator sport. In response to a trademark complaint from Bethesda Softworks, Minecraft creator Notch is suggesting an unorthodox way of settling the dispute.

In a post on his blog, Markus "Notch" Persson has proposed a decisive game of Quake 3 to put the litigation to rest.

"I challenge Bethesda to a game of Quake 3," Persson said. "Three of our best warriors against three of your best warriors. We select one level, you select the other, we randomize the order. 20 minute matches, highest total frag count per team across both levels wins."

If Persson's team wins, The Elder Scrolls developer would have to drop its lawsuit claiming that the indie developer's next game, Scrolls, infringes on its own trademark. If Bethesda wins, Persson would agree to change the name of Scrolls to a Bethesda-approved title. In either case, Persson would be willing to put a disclaimer in his game noting that it is not related to The Elder Scrolls series in any way.

"I am serious, by the way," added Persson.

As of press time, Bethesda had not returned GameSpot's request for comment.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6329552/minecraft-dev-wants-to-settle-lawsuit-with-quake-3
  2. That's freaking awesome.
  3. Now thats a way to settle a lawsuit :p
    oidgod likes this.
  4. Wow!! XD, now that I ever get sued, I'm going to do something like this :p