Newly Locked Chest Refund Time

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Oct 5, 2014.

?

How Long Do You Feel The Refund Time Limit Should Be On Locked Chests?

Make it shorter. 15 seconds. :P 2 vote(s) 10.0%
Leave it at 30 seconds. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
A bit longer. 45 seconds. 1 vote(s) 5.0%
1 minute. 3 vote(s) 15.0%
2 minutes. 2 vote(s) 10.0%
3 minutes. 2 vote(s) 10.0%
5 minutes. 7 vote(s) 35.0%
10 minutes. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
15 minutes. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
1 hour+. 3 vote(s) 15.0%
  1. So I just lost 500r for my confusion with what was happening with my locked chest with hoppers coming out of it already. It took me about 45 seconds to determine that the items on the ground below the chest looked familiar, that the hoppers had been destroyed, that I could not add hoppers below it, and that the implications of that meant that locking the chest was really not a good long-term solution. It might have solved the improbable situation of my not-that-valuable stuff getting taken, but it defeated the whole point of having the overflow chest in the first place. I'm going to have to just let the items drain into my locked chest.

But of course it was too late. So I was wondering if any other players might have experienced frustrations with the 30 second time limit being too short. For example, noticing a typo after 31 seconds and being out of luck or similar. I thought we might be able to have a simple vote on how long the time limit should be, because I tend to think 5 minutes is a fair time to make the decision and I can't see any problems with having 5 minute refunds.

Another thing I thought would be useful is a simple notification that the time ran out, so you know that destroying the sign will only give a partial refund. Because I had no idea if 30 seconds had passed or not.
  2. awesome idea, i never knew the refund time was that short.
  3. I think everyone can agree 5 minutes is much more reasonable.
    Will make the change tonight!
  4. Supporter perk, full price refunds!
    *Leaves*
  5. This will also help with Name typos on the 3rd and 4th lines of Locked chests signs, Thanks.
  6. this went out this morning.