New Mod Command. Mute.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Joshyy, Feb 20, 2012.

1. I've had this idea for a few weeks now and I've decided to make it a suggestion.

So it's very simple, Instead of banning for an hour for say Caps Lock.
    The Moderator at the time can Mute the offending player for an hour or 2 or a day or whatever time they think, Which means the person muted will not be able to say that others can hear, Which is anything apart from commands, Now this would mean people would be able to still enjoy EMC without causing trouble to others and a mute in a way is worse then a temporary ban, I've been muted on other Non-Minecraft games I never ever Spammed again :D, However you would still have to keep ban for Griefers and Hackers and just general trouble makers who only came to EMC to annoy and not to have fun.

What do you guys think?

(Note this was made in a rush, So I have not a clue how stupid it sounds :D)
  2. A mute wouldnt be much of a punish as the reason a person is kick or temporarily banned to punish for breaking a rule.
  3. As a (former) Moderator, I've found that the most effective way to keep people from doing stuff is to not let them do anything. If you understand. :)
  4. Daegoo, If your a spammer a mute would be worse then a ban.
  5. Its a good point, but why complicate a system that already works? (-:
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  6. Too add more options to the punishment system instead of just ban or ban
  7. But its not as much of a punishment, is my point.
  8. I think it is a good thing to do as a kick inst much of a punishment and a temp ban is too much for spamming
  9. Jeah I agree to Sopby, would be to much work for a system that works. I think we shouldnt waste the rescources Justin has (time), to make it little nicer for spamer. Shall they be banned for an hour and cool of a little...
  10. Here is the perfect solution for it.Don't spam and you won't get banned.
    Crazy1080 likes this.