New laptop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xxandster700xX, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Thats about all i could understand well but im constantly getting better at understanding computers and that is one bada** computer.
  2. It doesnt need that much memory for gaming... lol. not unless its gonna run 5 servers at the same time... id switch one of the 1TB HDDs with a 256GB SSD (maybe an OCZ Vertex 4). Ive got 24gb ram and run a server and MC and get 900 FPS. dual monitors. I built it by myself, too. That computer they have there, i can build myself for a whole lot less.
    jaqiefox likes this.
  3. 64Gb is too much unless your planning to host SMP10 (See what I did there?)
    I suggest spending 40GB worth of ram instead Raid Harddrives and a 3.6GHz proccessor
  4. Holy crap i didint see that it was 64 gb. I only need like 20-30
  5. I just wanted to see how ludicrous I could get a computer to be spec wise for under $3000 dollars. I think I win.
  6. I would get a MacBook Pro 13" core i7.
    Or the Samsung gamer 7
  7. I will admit that mackbook pro is a very good laptop and i love ios but im looking more for a gaming specific laptop. Macbooks are god with games but i would rather get one that has a lot a awesome features.
  8. I wonder what would happen is some water happened to meet that computer....
    HEY CONGRATS!
  9. the PC xandster specced is simply not a good idea. For one, SLI will be suboptimal and with some driver versions simply not work at all, with heterogenous (different) video cards. For two, it has two separate bluetooth devices which is a complete waste. Third, the power supply is some no-name no-brand which is a very, very bad idea - the power supply can (and often does) fry all the other parts in the system, then where would you be? I highly suggest having a knowledgeable person build the pc for you after hashing out with you exactly what you want, and I also very strongly suggest you saving most of that money for upgrades in the future, which will be a whole lot more intelligent then spending on top end stuff now. I myself about a year ago built a very good middle-high end gaming pc which I intend to upgrade as the middle-high end parts come down in price.

I got a $150 am3+ gigabyte mobo, a $126 6 core 3ghz cpu, $90 16GB low latency 1600 ram, an $80 60gb OCZ agility III SSD, a $170 1gb HD6850 video card, a $60 420w pc power & cooling power supply, a $70 clear-blue case, a couple DVDRW drives $50, a really good EVGA tower heatsink-fan $50, a 500GB HDD $60, an intel gigabit network card $30, and it cost under a third of what you plan on spending and it is PLENTY powerful for every single game out there, a year after I put together, for under a third the cost. My motherboard will take the next-gen amd cpu when it comes out, and also a much faster video card, and Ill *STILL* be far under your budget and quite fast enough for all the newest stuff out there, and STILL after the upgrade which I havent done yet be almost $2000 cheaper than your budget including the upgrades.

and remember... I got these, at those prices, a year ago.
  10. You said so much stuff that i couldent understand i had to use snip and which computer were you talking about?
  11. No, I did the stupid PC. I wanted to see how ludicrous I could get it. I suppose I should've looked a bit closer at the options, but I was just trying to amuse myself. Your seem to know what your doing however, so, take advice from him. I started out honestly trying to put a good computer together, but when I saw 64GB memory, I just lost it and went entirely insane.
    Xxandster700xX likes this.
  12. 64 gb of memory would have that power.
  13. I am a her, not a him. :)
  14. Oh....
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. Is osx snow lion not enough?
    It's got way more features that 7.
    And if your a fan of steam...
    Plus it comes with FREE screen capture software!
    Mine handles tf2 and minectaft both on high at the same time!
  16. And it comes with this thing called boot camp so installing Windows 7 is a pice of cake (if you can afford microsofts ridiculous pricing for thier os)
  17. But Macs aren't made for gaming...
    Can a Mac handle BF3 on Ultra in 1080p maintaning a steady frame rate of 60fps? No
  18. Small correction: they aren't made for resource intensive gaming. Older, and less resource intensive games run GREAT on them.

They are still overpriced for what you get, though. In a way, like alienware is. Fancy, but overpriced hardware.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. I hate OS X, it doesn't even cooperate with it's things MADE BY APPLE.
  20. I see a flamewar on the horizon.... But here's my two cents, as somebody who uses OS X and Windows. I have a 2007 iMac. It runs MC at 30FPS+Optifine, and it could go higher if OF wasn't limiting it. My only gripe is the small selection of games, but just use Boot Camp (lets you install Windows) and you're good to go. But man, do I wish I could get to my graphics card and swap that stupid six-year old thing out! Cool looks come at cold prices.
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.