New height limit

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Leowaste, Mar 1, 2012.

1. "New map file format called Anvil, allowing a new height limit (256 instead of 128)."

This is from update notes. So i ask Justin, is the town going to be converted to "anvil" to be higher or stay the same? I hope it stays that same only because i dug out my res and made a 128 block high epic shop and this would make it not epic at all lol. But thats just selfish on my part really.

So any plans yet?
  2. I talked with Justin when SMP6 came out, and he said he wants to. Problem is that all of the permissions are setup in a world that is 128 high. They are switching the x/y coordinates anyway, so its going to mess up a lot.

The only problem I see with this is all the buildings are going to be very tall spindly things (60x60x192 - assuming no dirt has been dug out), other than on utopia. Don't get me wrong, I like skyscrapers, but it's going to encourage everyone to build them.

On the plus side, every lot will basically double in size, and that's a nice amount of space for some farm / ranches.
  3. I wish i could pay like, 50,000 rupees to justin to move my shop so half of it isent underground lol. But i already know the answer to that lol