Nether Portal Help?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by THE_LEGEND4, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Hey EMC,

Sorry if there is already a thread like this - if there is, please link me! :)

So anyway, I'm thinking about making a private outpost with a Nether Route. Whenever I try to make a portal, it links me to a random person's "Nether Base". Is there anyway to make a fresh portal? This also applies to the Overworld, too. Also, if I do find a way, can it make a portal to the Overworld in unloaded chunks?

Thanks,
    Legend. :)
    sonicol1 and maxthegreat2 like this.
  2. I believe that it's just random. :/
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  3. I don't think there's a way around it. Nether portals are a little complicated, as well as the Nether its self. As you know, 1 block in the Nether is 10 in the over world. And, if two portals are built too close to each other, there's essentially no point in having to create a new portal. It will just use one that's already there. So you need to go pretty far out in the over world or 100 (It can be less than 100, it's just safer.) blocks in the Nether before building a portal that you can use.
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  4. This video taught me a lot about nether portals. The portal will take you to the nearest portal in proportion to the 8:1 ratio of nether travel.
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  5. Thanks! I'll check it out! :)
    sonicol1 likes this.
  6. Bump! :3
    sonicol1 likes this.