Needlessly Complicated Introduction, huzzah!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chaotick_V, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Good evening/morning/day/night, depending on what timezone you're in! This is the thread of the titular introduction of me, Chaotick_V.

Name: William
    Country of Residence: Belgium
    Agreeable stuff: I follow law and order, attempt to be gentle and polite at all times and possess moderate knowledge of Minecraft works, such as simple logic gates. I like to learn.
    Disagreeable stuff: Mild to moderate narcissism (as reflected above). I like to flail around long words a little too much.
    Unspecified stuff: Extreme grammar OCD. Afflicted with Asperger Syndrome.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral (with a tad of Good)
    Likes: Law and order, redstone, sugar, good company, creepers, knowledge, endermen
    Dislikes: Ketchup, skeletons, chaos, gravel, skeletons, falling damage, floating tree stumps, skeletons
    Ultimate Goal: To be universally appreciated.

I hope to make myself at home at this server, as I was immediately sold after reading the empire guide. Kudos to the people who programmed it all. Most of all, I hope to be a service to the community.

Phew, that was indeed needlessly complicated.
    Dark_Liz and GameKribJEREMY like this.
  2. Welcome to the Empire! How did you find us?
  3. I think that was the most thorough introduction ever! I am glad you enjoyed the guide and the server(s) :)
  4. Welcome to the Empire Chaotick_V!

You sound pretty interesting. I don't think the compexity of your introduction was needless at all. However, perhaps the smallness of the text size you chose was. I quite enjoyed reading it nonetheless.

You like to flail around long word huh? So we can expect you to be saying words like Alphabetically and Hippopotamus a lot? Those are long. :p

Or perhaps you'll expound concerning an individual you are aquainted with who is afflicted with pseudohypoparathyroidism and benefited astronomically from imbibing a preposterous quantity of deliquesced phosphate binders?

lol

See you in the Empire. :)

Very admirable "Ultimate Goal" by the way!
  5. hey ime sorry for what i said ime glad you removed my comment i just crashed from having so much energy
  6. Welcome to the empire :p ketchup not that bad :p
  7. A few replies: I was browsing through a list of servers. Luckily you made a cool banner for it, or I would've mindlessly passed it over.
    I thought I was clogging up way too much space with type 3, but since it's everyone's preference, I'll utilize it in the future too.
    With "flailing around large words", I mostly refer to an overly mannerly style of writing I adopt at times. This is reflected in me being a profound hipppomonstrosesquipedalian. I also like overcomplicating words: you will never hear me say "cube", but always "regular hexahedron".
    Now I'll attempt to translate that massive sentence: I will speak of my worries about an acquaintance whose thyroid gland has swollen up and would better consume the appropiate resource for it to settle down again. I really think I made a fool of myself there, but that's what I deserve for claiming to understand extensive words.
  8. I would welcome you, but you said you dislike ketchup. I'm not sure we can be friends.
  9. No foolishness detected. :)

Understanding uncommon words is just a matter of exposure and ability to do some basic research... like opening a dictionary. And these days, with the internet, it's easier than ever to have quick and convenient access to the meaning of any word.

There's really no reason for anyone to feel intimidated or dumb because for not knowing the meaning of a word. I mean, I had to look them all up too at some point in the past, or ask someone what they meant, and there are many new words I am exposed to often as well. I love hearing new words that I don't know the meaning of. You just introduced me to one now. :)

So you're a hippopotoamonstrosesquipediliphiliac too huh? Cool!

:D