My next PC build :D

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by generalfelino015, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Really? Because Windows 8 hates me trying to do anything (even things I've done in the tutorials) to do with changing the operating system. Last time I tried to install Windows 7, I did as I normally would - and I had to reset the entire laptop because it would boot up to a completely black screen and crash. The store has never given me any problems with installing the OS, apart from installing stuff really slowly or not installing them at all (it would say it was downloading, but download nothing for up to 8 hours before cancelling itself).
  2. Windows 8: "NUU Don't leave me!!!!!!"
    Windows 7: "Okay, I guess I'll let you be..."
  3. Never fear, for I have a solution!!
    Linux.
    jkjkjk182, harsh900 and jkrmnj like this.
  4. Installing Windows 7 on a PC that came with Windows 8 is a little more involved than in previous versions. If the computer came with Windows 8, you will need to enable legacy booting before it will let you do anything. The store was only used for the Windows 8.1 upgrade and the reason that went smoothly is because Windows 8.1 works with the new booting stuff and because Windows specifically makes it easy to upgrade to their newest operating systems.

I actually did use Linux on my laptop for a while but I ran into many driver problems and general instability due to the hard ware manufacturers not making good Linux drivers.
  5. *Gets gun*
    Okay boy, you have 5 minutes to explain yourself and what you just said.
  6. Well, there are some games for Linux, I mean, Linux not all time-eating and confuzzling. Right?

See? He likes you!
    linux-minecraft.png
  7. I use Linux for web design and also for my website server, it works like a charm!
  8. Does someone knows a better case around $30 - $50
  9. Ew AMD

Good choice on Win 7 x64 over Win 8 though! (Only if linux isn't an option..)

Edit: A decent case is the Thermaltake V3 Black Edition (microcenter $37.99, amazon $49.99)
  10. I would reccomend getting 16 GB of RAM. I have a computer with eight and the swap I am using constantly slows my computer down significantly. It gets on my nerves all the time. In fact, I am getting more RAM myself.

I am an nVidia fan myself, but AMD makes pretty amazing graphics cards.
    generalfelino015 likes this.
  11. Thnx, for the case, I will check it out with my bro.

What part of only CONSTRUCTIVE comments you people don't get?
    boozle628 likes this.
  12. You must be doing video editing then. I have an 8gb stick (yes, single channel mode) and it works out just fine for my system. I rarely turn my computer off, I just sleep it when during the night. This should cause even more stress, but it still starts quickly.

My suggestion about ram is to start at 8, then go to 16 if it seems necessary.
    boozle628 likes this.
  13. I guess that seems like a good plan. :p But my problem is the habit of leaving everything open. I find it annoying to have to relaunch chrome and Photoshop and minecraft and steam and all that good stuff, so I just leave them running in the background.
  14. Np. I've build a few computers, I think one with that same case. My personal computer I built with a monster HAF X 922. A couple min-ITX ones and another 5 or 6 mid-sized.
    generalfelino015 likes this.
  15. Why do you think I am an Intel/Nvidio fanboy :p Never have a built my own PC and currently I am using an AMD integrated card (I know I know, it is pretty bad)