Monitor Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by NathanRP, Apr 7, 2018.

?

What speed?

144 3 vote(s) 75.0%
240 1 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. I have a 60hz monitor right now, I've been looking at upgrading to 144hz or 240hz. I mainly play CS:GO now so I want the upgrade but I'm wondering which one is the best.
  2. I have never played on 144Hz or 240Hz monitors, so I wouldn't really know how much it affects your reaction time/precision etc.
    However, I have been in a Geometry Dash community (which is like one of the hardest precision based timing games), and there was great controversion about how much a higher framerate monitor actually helped and wheter it was worth it. On the other hand, I myself really notice my own performance decrease when I for instance play overwatch and my laptop goes into battery savings mode (which cuts my framerate from 60Hz to 30Hz), so I think myself higher framerates could be nice.

144Hz monitors are already quite expensive though, I don't even know about the price ranges from the 240Hz monitors but these are probably very expensive too. I myself wouldn't think 240Hz monitors are worth it (yet, maybe if they get a bit cheaper later), and I am more than happy with my good old 60Hz, but if you want to go for an upgrade, 144Hz would be good and is still kinda affordable :)
    Patr1cV likes this.
  3. BLOODBATH WAS BEATEN ON 60 HZ! You don't need to upgrade!
    Star09 likes this.
  4. But Im looking to play a twitch game, a game that requires quick reflexes so the upgrade actually is worth it. The reason why Im asking which one is worth it.
    q1zx likes this.