Momentus and Marlix Spawning

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by NDubb424, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Hello fellow EMCers!

I got into a discussion with someone today on SMP2 about whether light levels could effect the spawning of Momentus and Marlix.

I was under the impression, that much like Super Turkey's and Blizz Ards, Momentus and Marlix are not affected by light level.

Momentus and Marlix Spawn roughly every 24 hours per player (depending on playing settings of course) with only one spawning per world, light level be damned.

The player I was speaking with stated that light levels do, in fact, affect the spawning of these mini bosses.

This does not seem correct to me, and I would like to know the correct answer so I can answer new players questions with 100% certainity going forward, as this is what started the conversation in the first place.

Thanks all in advance for clearing this up!

Edit: I did advise the new player to up date settings to prevent spawning the in the future as well.
  2. Well in my experience they spawn during night time and day time. Which to me means that light level does not affect the spawn rate.
  3. That was my thoughts as well.
  4. all custom mobs replace the spawn of another mob. So, if the area is lit up and monsters are not spawning..... then yes, it will reduce the chances, as animals spawn very infrequently.
    NDubb424 likes this.
  5. Thank you for taking the time to answer this!