Mobarena time Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by EvilServerAdmin, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I unfortunately am un able to attend any of these because I eat dinner late mostly on wed :madface: but if it was earlier than it wouldn't be so bad I mean I live in CA and the mob arenas are held at like 7 or 8 pm but if they were like say 5 then I wouldn't have a problem. And yes pun intended.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Clocks don't work well and if it was lets say a button press thing, then people could spam it
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Maybe a ban if you spam.
  4. How about like days for the time zones,
    Monday-UK-6:30 pm
    Tuesday-Paciffic-6:30 pm
    And so on
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. /res pset [modname] admin t :p Didn't mention the problem of them not being able to run the spawn mobs/special ability commands though. :p

But I personally kinda like that mods can't run them. Makes the mob arenas feel more special, since they're not as often.
    jkjkjk182 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. The problem with events that take up player resources like the mob arena is that if they occur too often more and more players will be unable to compete (they can take part but you are not competing if you are armourless and using a stone sword). This in turn drops the prize fund for the winner. Just now the winner can be sure to receive several sets of damaged diamond armour and swords making them ahead of the game even if they don't win a few rounds.. This makes it worthwhile to risk your best armour but drop the prize fund to just a couple of sets of diamond armour and you will be out of pocket even if you win.

There is also the whole event being an event. If mob arena was everyday it would soon loose it's sparkle of being something special. This is why I try to make my Monday mob arenas different from the Wednesday ones because while mine is timed for the Europeans and Maxarias's is time for the Americas, there are some players able to attend both.

Also running a mob arena is hectic, a good deal of fun but man it is wild. I know I have made plenty of mistakes while running mine. Silly stuff like not seeing that there is only one player left despite half the audience giving congrats in chat. I am dreading thinking of what would happen if my PC decided that it wants to take a break while I am busy hosting a mob arena. After a couple of rounds I need to relax a bit. I have done a mob arena while I wasn't feeling well, could only manage one round and in future if I am in the same situation I would give my apologies and cancel.

So regarding the suggestion for having more mob arenas, I am against. On the other hand if we could have an event that was not run by staff. That you decided when it occurred, for example by entering a portal. And took you to a battle place, let's say a tomb. And you fought a battle with your friends against a boss type monster, let's say a dragon. With great rewards, let's say dragon eggs. Then I am all for that.
  7. I see what you did for that last sentence davie. I also suggested in a thread I posted awhile back that there could be dungeons like dragon tombs, same concept but with a huge mass of mobs like 175 zombies in a tomb 2x bigger than a dragon tomb that if you pass it, you get that mob head that you just defeated.
    Equinox_Boss and WeirdManaico like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.