Map pinpoint

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by yapzi, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Hey guys and gals,

I have looked and not found one yet, if I have missed the thread please disregard this suggestion.

My suggestion whether it is feasible is a Live map Pinpoint system, where players can mark a place of interest, to which only those that put it there can see.

I like to do a bit of adventure roaming of the wilderness and if I had seen something that i really liked or wanted to explore more but for whatever reasons I didn't have the time to do so, I generally find that when I come back online I cannot find the place :(

I know I could just start off where I was, But for reasons like Digging and chopping trees etc I always go back to town just in case I come back into the game and find myself having to swim for my life! :eek:

Anyway, Just a suggestion, I can possibly imagine that it may be too much work, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Regards,

Yapzi
    sagem4tt likes this.
  2. Great idea! That is cool cause I too don't want to be swimming in the middle of no where. I go to the town again too to put stuff away and then can't find my way back.
  3. Instead of a pinpoint system, you could always use a minimap mod and use the waypoint system to mark your fav spots, or just make a list of your favourite coordinates on piece of paper near your computer. :)
    BloodDisciple and nnnnmc1 like this.
  4. Thanks Shaun,

I was not aware there was such a mod.Maybe you could point me in the right direction?

As for Paper, My kids would probably draw butterflies and monsters all over the co-ordinates ! lol
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  5. I like the idea and map improvements have been something I am thinking about. However currently the Live Map has no idea who you are, as it comes directly from the server not from the site. So I would have to build some sort of way to pass off authentication from the site in order to save pinpoints and what not.
    yapzi likes this.
  6. yapzi there is a mini map mod called rei's minimap it's probably one of the best. I do like the live map idea though
  7. shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  8. Thank you guys for all your input.
  9. ;) no problem man. you'll love it. Turn others on to it too, if you like it. MC before Reis was like the difference between navigating from star charts to GPS.
  10. Just having a little problem locating Mod Loader ?

Found it :p
    BloodDisciple likes this.