Land marks.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mrlegitislegit, Jan 23, 2012.

1. In the wild, we have griefted buildings, pointless dirt objects, and every one in a while, a really well built building's. So why don't we give more attention to them? I was thinking, why not hold a contest to make some of these well built things into EMC land marks? Every year, a contest would be held to pick five great buildings, to be that year's land marks. The next year, all of the land marks are no longer land marks, and five more are voted on. You could as many times as you would like. In the land mark areas, you could still die from hunger BUT mobs could not spawn 100 blocks in any direction of it. You could not place blocks but the people who put it up could place blocks, so if its a mine, they can still use it. Tell me what you think!
  2. Landmarks sound like a great idea, but annual contests for a simple 5 is ridiculous... Also, allowing them to be further modified is even more ridiculous as you are saying to give only 5 people per year a section of the wilds to claim as their own... Minecraft is going to be an entirely different game 1 year from now... The map will be rendered useless with 1.2 or whatever the next update is called anyway... Jungles will not spawn on the same seed as 1.1 or prior... It has to be a brand new seed all together to bring in the Jungle Biomes...
  3. Good point.. Maybe well built building's in the town?