Jabr's Building a Game - The Call for Artists

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JabrZer0, May 13, 2014.

1. I'm working on building a game from the ground up. I have a team of software developers, I have software and hardware tools (Unity3D, Blender, the Oculus Rift, and a few other secret ones), but I still need an artistic team.

I know many people here on the Empire are talented artists, and I'd like to put out a call for artists here to give you guys a chance before anyone else. Here are the details:

'What do I need to apply?"
    • You'll need some experience working with a 3D modeling program, like Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, etc.
    • You'll need a portfolio of at least a few items (preferably characters or victorian/steampunk cities) to show me what you can do.
    • If you're great at making characters in your program of choice, but can't do texturing, or vice versa, that's fine!
    • You need to have the time to help. This isn't a project you can work on "when you have the time". Once it gets off the ground, this project may have a serious financial backing (which means the possibility - but not promise - of money for you!), so we need to keep things moving forward.
    "What would I do?"
    • Create characters and scenery for the game, including modeling and texturing the player, NPC's, and the interior and exterior of various buildings/streets/other areas in the game.
    "Awesome! Sounds like I could do this! Just one thing. I have no idea what this game is about."
    I knew you were going to say that. Imagine a BioShock-style, first person puzzle-shooter game. More than that, I can't tell you yet. But you'll learn the plot in detail when you get brought onto the team.

"You mentioned money, and-"
    Let me stop you right there. I mentioned the POSSIBILITY of money. Right now, every cost in this game is coming out of my pocket. My pocket is currently very empty. There MAY be a Kickstarter campaign in a few months, but that can only happen once we have something substantial to show potential investors.

"Ok, I know everything I need to. Where can I apply?"
    Just PM me with your name, country (and state if you're in the US), age, and a few examples of your work. I'll take a look and make sure it will be possible for you to join the team. Don't be disheartened if you aren't picked. I'm looking for a very specific art style, as well as an extremely reliable person.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Jabr
    southpark347 and Defluxer like this.
  2. Is this an online game?
  3. It's being built in Unity, which means it will be able to be played online or as a standalone, or exported to Xbox/PS etc.
    porphos likes this.