ISO: Lush Cave biome

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by The_BaconPotato, Aug 9, 2022.

1. I am seeking out a Lush Cave biome to build a tropical fish farm. The most previous update has made all my past farms useless and my goal to catch all the fish has been put to a halt.

I'm looking for a Lush Cave biome that is mostly open to reduce excavating. I plan on digging out a 130x130 radius. The biome must be in the frontier. I'm hoping to find one between 3k and 5k block from any outpost. Any SMP will do but SMP9 would be best. There will be no reward to whoever finds the biome, so don't go out of your way to find one, but if you know of one that I could use I would appreciate you sending me its direction. Thanks

EDIT: Lush Cave Biome has been found
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  2. I thought you had caught all the variations already.
    If not, my mistake. But that does make a good idea for it. Silly me, I had been using oceans. Good idea. I will keep an eye out.
  3. Well... You are asking to find 1 in the frontier, AKA /wild. aaaand.... You want it close to a spawn point, correct? (3-5k) The prob is you need to open up new areas of the map to generate new terrain. That means that you will not find 1 very close to spawn at all.

You can try to explore the slivers of blacked out map area's that indicate it's unexplored but remember some areas are explored but don't show on maps correctly. This could be a daunting task.

Just my 2 r ;)
  4. Wouldn't they generate anywhere though since the bedrock was remove and expanded further down.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  5. They generate under rooted dirt which means every lush cave has an Azalia tree somewhere above it. Also, add in that yes, Lush caves can go below y=0 they are generated well above it first. The already generated land will not spawn a lush cave. It must be found in unexplored areas of the map. You won't find a lush cave in already generated land pre 1.17.

I know this because of an outpost I was helping someone establish months ago that wanted one. We spent days looking for 1. We eventually had to go out to unexplored areas and found 1 relative easy. Def not close to spawn. A quick nether tunnel at the roof made it very easy to get there and back. Just a 1 wide tunnel 7 block high made it flyable.
  6. I have less than 200 left. lol, so close.

I built a new farm on an ocean recently but the update also changed conditions for squid spawns and the farm gets too many of them. A lush cave should have better spawn rates than an ocean.
  7. Yeah. I dug out 5k through the nether the other day and found a small Lush Cave out there, I was just hoping for one that required as little excavating as possible. I've seen some massive open lush caves, but can't find one on EMC.
    Merek_Shadower and KatydidBuild like this.
  8. Never fails. Open a random new game in single player and pop into your first lush cave and it's so gigantic, you need fly turned on.

Stroll out like you own the place and find one in EMC and you get Robin Williams Genie-voice saying "itty bitty living space" when you dig into it :D