Is there a way we cant STOP ice from spawning?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shames611, May 1, 2012.

1. so i have a farm. and a large lake with a draw bridge. But it keeps freezing over! im constantly
    having to buy new diamond picks because i use them all on unwanted ice! i also have a farm. with reads and such growing. im sick of logging off, and coming back to the all my reeds have died!! because my water source froze over! so what i am asking that someone adds some sort of system that allows you to disable ice?

cheers
  2. Torches around the perimeter and strategically placed over the lake, it melts the ice and punching ice saves your picks.. xD
  3. I know about the torches, but id rather not have them there. random blocks in the middle of my lake doesn't look great. And punchiiing taaaaakees sooooooooooo loooooonngggg XD hahaha
  4. Remember that ice will only develop if there is open sky straight above it; so putting your farm under some type of roof.
    Curundu likes this.
  5. An alternative method is to place blocks above the water source, it can even be at the maximum height.
  6. if the lake is 1 layer deep, try putting the torches under the bottom layer, I don't know if that really works, but its worth a try.. xD
  7. I'lll give it a go! Thanks guys. i'll stick a roof above it all